This article provides two marketing strategies to help with improving your return on investment (ROI) when using social media and converting those efforts into revenue.
Leveraging Social Influencers. Social media influencers have the power to increase the appeal of your brand, create a buzz, and drive potential customers to make a transaction.
- Establish a Relationship – The first step to establishing a relationship with your followers and potential influencing those who can help push your brand is by showing genuine interest by subscribing to their blog, following them on Twitter and Pinterest, and taking note of what type of content they are sharing. When you get an idea of their interests, make contact by commenting on their blog posts and liking, retweeting, and repinning their message.While social media is a great tool for building new relationships and keeping up with old ones – don’t underestimate the importance of one-on-one contact! If the opportunity arises for you to meet these influencers in person (such as at an event or conference) – do so. In-person contact is still the most valuable way to establish and cement a connection.
- Outreach to Influencers
Now that you’ve built a relationship with some social media influencers, you have a better chance of them sharing your content as long as it’s valuable to them. That means that you should keep the following in mind:
– Share engaging content that is relevant to both your audience and the publisher’s audience.
– Content should add value to influencers – make them look good!
Tag Your URLs
It’s great to have followers who act as brand evangelists for you, but to really understand whether they and the rest of your social media efforts are helping drive traffic, you need to know where the traffic to your website is coming from. One way to attribute traffic to social media is to tag the URL so you know it comes from social. You can use UTM tags to identify how traffic will show up in your GA traffic source reports, which will allow you to know what part of your traffic is coming from social media versus other channels.
If one of your goals is to understand how social media is working for you then it’s important to know what is actually coming from your various social media channels so you can figure out which channels are successful and which aren’t, allowing you to plan for the future.
Iconic Mind provides provides business and IT consulting services to clients locally in Washington D.C. as well as Baltimore, Columbia and the rest of Maryland. You can follow Iconic Mind on Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Five Awful (and Awfully Common) Pieces of Social Media Advice (semhosting.wordpress.com)
- How To Connect Your Business Objectives To An Effective Social Media Marketing Strategy (business2community.com)
- ROI for Social Media (cuhacipeterson.wordpress.com)