Kids may know their way around a computer, but in order to get a job in the new economy, they will have to know how to write a program, not just use one
Coding is an essential skill in this technology driven world and is an extremely useful skill for everyone to learn… it’s such a shame that many schools still don’t offer coding classes until high school and even then the classes are fairly rudimentary and in some areas has the stigma of being for nerds which is a real shame.
See story on rockmelt.com.
- Why Programming Is The Core Skill Of The 21st Century (readwrite.com)
- John Pavley: Technical Literacy: Can Everyone Learn to Code? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Should everybody learn to code? A media mashup of opinions (pandodaily.com)
- The Importance of Learning and Understanding Code (squidoo.com)
- MIT OpenCourseWare – Free Computer Science Classes (mit.edu)